Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Annie 1, Damansara Uptown, PJ

We met one of our friends for breakfast at Annie 1 a couple of weeks ago. The restaurant is a double shop lot, with air-conditioning so dining here is comfortable, though we have been told that they can get very busy at peak hours.  To order, simply note down the item code and quantity on the order chit and press the "call" button to be attended.




The specialty here is the Menglembu wantan mee... you can choose what you want to have your noodles with - char siew, wantan, sui gao, braised chicken feet, curry chicken, braised pork trotter, or stew spare ribs. Menglembu, by the way, is a small town in Ipoh, Perak, hence you will also find Ipoh white coffee, chee cheong fun and curry mee here.

I had the Dry Wanton Mee with char siew and wantan (RM7.20). I liked the texture and taste of the noodles - very yummy. The BBQ pork (char siew) is also pretty good, slightly lean with a nice caramalised glaze. Since we liked the noodles, so we ordered another plate later - dry wanton mee with char siew (RM7) for sharing.






Hubby opted for Hakka Mee with minced pork (RM7.80) and it also comes with three pork balls in soup. Tasty.




The kids shared some of my wantan mee and they also had two half boiled eggs (RM2.80) as well as Butter and kaya toast (RM2.80). It's their favorite thing to have for breakfast.



Hot honey lemon for the kids


Our friend had the Chee Cheong Fun with pork curry (RM5). I tried some and it was nice and smooth.



Ipoh Mak Chook - RM3 - tastes different from the ones we usually have. It's slightly more diluted and I think they either use brown sugar/gula melaka.




Opening times: 7.30am to 9.30pm (Mon-Fri), 8am to 3.30pm (Sat-Sun).

Price: Total bill RM47.30, for 5 pax inclusive drinks.

Location: Annie 1, 20 Jalan SS21/58, Damansara Utama (Uptown), 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. (Street parking or park in The Starling Mall - free 1 hour parking)

Tel: 016-660 8816

GPS Coordinates: 3.137345, 101.622529


If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates. Thanks :)

5 comments:

  1. It's one of my favorite makan places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear!!! Now I'm hungry. I guess for me, it's going to be noodles for breakfast today... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been there before and their food very nice. Next time try their Sui Kow(water dumpplings?) I love that

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love their wonton mee, curry is not bad too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TLW glamping camp site. Must try. A very relax camp site that really.. hard to describe. Come and try. Especially mr Yusoff and his team. Really really feel like 2nd home. Their friendliness, polite, service and close approch really impressed me. Bravo YOSUFF. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...