Saturday, October 17, 2015

Sage KL + Early Birthday Present :)

#BabySumoBirthdayMonth has officially begun! As the name suggests, we will be celebrating my birthday for a whole month. We kicked off the celebrations today with an early birthday gift from Hubby... yes! He got me the new iPhone 6S in Gold. Thanks Hubby!



Hubby also insisted that I try out the camera on my new phone, so he took me to my favorite restaurant, Sage for lunch. Certainly no complains from me ;)



For lunch, you can either choose from the Discovery Seasonal Lunch Menu (RM120 nett for 3-courses) or the Premium Lunch Menu (RM200 nett for 3-courses). We went for the former as we really liked this week's lunch menu.

To start, we both had the appetizer of seared cherry wood smoked ocean trout with kipfler potato and wasabi mayonnaise. Sage's food portions are usually quite small (but packed full of flavour), so we were delighted to see quite a plump, hefty chunk of ocean trout on the plate. It was freaking delicious too. The fish was smoked and then lightly seared on one side, hence skin is super crispy. Love this!





For mains, we both chose the Duo Preparation of Wagyu Beef with Yuzukoshou and Red Wine Sauce. Sage never disappoints when it comes to cooking the beef to our preferred doneness. The beef was served with broccolini and super smooth pomme puree. Perfection!



The Fresh Strawberry Soup dessert was pretty good, especially paired with the almond nougat and Cointreau ice cream. The almond nougat gives this dish texture and elevates it to the next level.




*All photos shot with my new iPhone6S ;) 






Pork-free.

For their weekly lunch menu, click here. Full a la carte menu here.

Dress code: Smart casual.

Opening hours: Lunch:Monday to Friday 12.00pm to 2.00pm; Dinner:Monday to Saturday 6.00pm to 10.30pm. Closed on Sunday.

Price: RM120 nett per person for 3-course lunch.

Location: Sage Restaurant & Wine Bar, The Gardens Residences, Level 6, The Gardens, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: 03-2268 1328

*Children below the age of 6 are not allowed in the restaurant.



If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates.. Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome birthday present! I have the gold 6 and I love it! A very Happy Birthday (month!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahhhhhhhhh!!!! So nice, lovely present!!! So what are you going to do with your old one? Come, come...throw it my way, give to me. I do not mind second-hand stuff. Hehehehehehe!!!! Happy birthday in advance!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...