Tuesday, September 15, 2015

2015 Mooncakes @ The Westin Kuala Lumpur

For Mid-Autumn Festival this year, The Westin Kuala Lumpur will be offering 6 traditional baked mooncake flavours. The mooncakes are priced at RM25 nett, or RM110 nett for a box of 4 pieces or RM150 nett for a box of 6 pieces.

The flavours available are Lotus Paste with Single Yolk, Plain White Lotus Paste, Pure Red Bean Paste, Golden Jade Pandan with Single Yolk, 5 Sen5es Assorted Nuts Mixture and Shanghainese Moon Cake Lotus Paste with Single Yolk, all very classic flavours. All the mooncakes have "The Westin" logo embossed on them, except for the Shanghainese Moon Cake.




The other day, a reader asked where he could get good assorted nuts mooncake, to which I answered "The Westin KL" based on previous year's tastings. Glad that it's still very nice and to my preference.


For the health conscious consumers, you can try the Plain White Lotus Paste. One of my favorite flavour is the Shanghainese Mooncake - I really like the crumbly texture of the pastry and the lightness of the filling. 




Mooncakes can be purchased from The Westin KL hotel or from Pavilion KL Mooncake Fair. 

For further inquiries please contact 03 2773 8338 or email westindining@westin.com




Location: The Westin Kuala Lumpur, 199 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tel: 03- 2773 8338

GPS Coordinates: 3.14779, 101.714569



If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates.. Thanks :)

3 comments:

  1. My favourite, the one on top - lotus paste with salted egg yolk. I don't mind the skin being a little thick - I love the pastry. Some people would insist on it being paper thin, I would always tell them that they might as well eat salted egg yolk wrapped with lotus paste, if like that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pandan with salted egg yolk the best. But not a fan of the one with nuts.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...