Sunday, April 7, 2013

Macarons @ TWG Tea, Pavilion KL

Sweet treats for the weekend..


Macarons from TWG Tea, Pavilion KL


The TWG macarons I tried from the Singapore outlet was pretty decent, so I wanted to see how the ones in KL fared. Priced at RM4 each, there are 8 flavours to choose from - I went for these 6 flavours; napoleon tea and caramel, camelot tea & praline, earl grey fortune & chocolate, bain de roses tea, 1837 black tea &blackcurrant, and grand wedding tea, passion fruit & coconut. All their macarons are infused with their signature teas, and are described as a "crispy almond biscuit with a soft centre".

I like the look of their outlet in Pavilion KL


The macarons here definitely had nicer feet compared to SG, however texture wise, it was not to my liking - some were too crunchy, some were too soft. My favorite flavour was again the bain de roses, followed by passion fruit and caramel.




The history of macarons

The TWG Tea Salon in Pavilion KL also serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.



View of Twin Towers from PCMC - I like the reflection in the water

Price: RM4 each.

Location: TWG Tea, Pavilion KL, P2.11.00, 2.34.01 & 2.34.02, Level 2, Pavilion KL, 168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: 03-2142 9922

Website: http://www.twgtea.com

20 comments:

  1. wow, TWG now has a foothold in Pavilion - one of my favourite malls in KL :) will be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried their macarons before, and the one I tried was a bit too soft. I rather it is too crunchy than soft. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've grown out of these already - not that excited by them anymore. Would rather eat something else...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't really go hunting for them anymore, but I wouldn't say no to a good macaron.

      Delete
  4. not very consistent macarons but they shore look pretty! Another great reason to visit Pavilion! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the place though.. nice place to be seen! Haha.

      Delete
  5. This is a great place for tea time. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yen,
    Love love the tea infused macaroons : )
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure they all look pretty. I love tea infused macarons and I make them myself at home. Gotta try to make passion fruit ones when I get fresh passion fruit next time. Now, I wonderful if there's a TWG store here in the States. I'm going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm not mistaken, most of their restaurants are around the Asia region. I can't make macarons so I still have to buy them!!

      Delete
  8. Wow it looks damn so delicious! It's like my dream to be a Sydney's top class cafe shop with my friends and we would have a gala time there enjoying potato wafers and coffee. Nice article. It made me feel hungry now!

    Finn Felton
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pics are making me hungry all over again…!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried TWG macarons! I'd love to try... Should have asked my husband to buy me a box when he was there!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, this is my first visit to your blog posts and you have really gained the appreciation for such a brilliant write-up. I want to know more about your article & blog posts. Thanks & I will wait for your reply.



    Tea Samples

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi hun, I was wondering where to find good macarons around KL as I stumbled upon your blog. Between TWG Tea's macarons and Nathalie's Gourmet's, do you mind letting me know which is better? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I prefer Nathalie's. Babycakes also do a good salted caramel one.

      Delete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...