Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Menya Musashi, Jalan P.Ramlee, KL

Ever since I tried Menya Musashi in Singapore, I couldn't wait to try the ramen in its KL outlets. Currently Menya Musashi Malaysia has two outlets - one in Eat Paradise at 1U and another at Jalan P.Ramlee. When the Jalan P.Ramlee outlet first opened, it served ramen with chicken broth only, but when I visited last week, I discovered that they now serve ramen with pork broth too. 

Kanzan Ramen


Twin Towers... just 2 minutes walk away

Menya Musashi on Jalan P.Ramlee is just 2 mins walk away from Petronas Twin Towers. I observed that this outlet is frequented by quite many Japanese. The menu here is a little different from Singapore's, with four types of broth available (original tonkotsu, fish and pork blend, spicy and miso) as well as tsukemen. No black tsukemen or broth in sight. Since I did not get to try eat a whole bowl the tonkotsu ramen last time, I decided to try that here.




I went for the Kanzan Ramen (RM20), which came with 2 pieces of roasted pork, 1 ajitama (flavoured egg),  spring onion and black fungus.  The ramen is slightly different here, thinner but still springy with a nice bite. The egg was also slightly overcooked for my liking but very similar to Singapore's, so I deduced that perhaps this is their style for the eggs. Pork was decent (a bit more fat would be better :P), but what I really love was the tonkotsu broth. The broth which has been boiled for many hours was rich and flavorful, I drank it all to the last drop.

A pretty good bowl of ramen

Nice texture to the noodles

Ajitama (flavoured egg) was pretty decent too but Marutama's egg is still the best!

We also tried the prawn gyoza (RM10) which was pretty good - lots of prawn chunks and juicy.


Juicy gyozas

The matcha milk drink (RM5) was a good thirst quencher. The matcha wasn't too overpowering which worked for me.

The fountain at KLCC Park


CNY decor at Suria KLCC (lion dance in progress)

Join their Facebook page here.

Opening times: 11am to 11pm daily.

Service: Good.

Price: RM80 for 2 pax.

Location: Menya Musashi, Ground Floor, No.18-1, Jalan P.Ramlee, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tel: 03-2181 6199

28 comments:

  1. Yes...we slurp the ramen broth until the last drop! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sniffling a bit this afternoon (i think i'm catching a cold), so some of menya's hot broth might help clear my blocked nose, heh :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww hope u get better soon. Not nice being sick during CNY. Hot soup as well as lots of Vitamin C will be helpful.

      Delete
  3. so this was what I've missed huh?TT Gosh, Im craving for their broth right now... Their soup is really, really great....can't have enough of it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will walk there for lunch sometime, quite near my office too. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always good to know where to head for a decent soup...and the gyozas look fab! I don't eat enough Japanese food...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not super salty like a lot of ramen places... suitable for the Malaysian palate.

      Delete
  6. Hi Yen! So any difference between this one and the Singapore outlet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost everything is different... SG's noodles are thicker, more variety in broths in SG too. But KL's one tasted good despite the differences.

      Delete
  7. Still yet to visit Menya but looking forward to Ippudo's opening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm. for some reason, chicken broth can't give the same depth and flavour that pork broth has! So, I'm glad they're serving them!!!! :) hehe and agree with Kelly above! I want Ippudo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have u tried Marutama Ramen? Despite being chicken broth, it's pretty good. Esp the eggs.. omg to die for!

      Delete
  9. wow the ramen looks really nice. I need to try this but so far I do like Ippudo in Singapore when it comes to Ramen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I think everyone's anticipating the opening of Ippudo in Pavilion.

      Delete
  10. Rarely can see such a huge prawn in Japanese gyoza!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. YES! Overall it was a very satisfying bowl of ramen.

      Delete
  12. How interesting that they've got different ramen types to other countries! I must admit I really like tonkotsu broth, especially when the weather is cold outside. it's supposed to be good for the skin too! :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonkotsu's my fav... I never make it at home though cos it takes so many hours to get it rich and lovely the way I like it. So thank God we can get good tonkotsu ramen in KL :)

      Delete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...