Here's another recipe from Asian Food Channel (AFC) celebrity chef, Sara La Fountain which she shared with us during her cooking demo at The Royale Chulan KL, Malaysia. The summer pavlova was my favorite dish from the demo - light, sweet end to a lovely afternoon.
Summer pavlova with passion fruit cream served with strawberries and pistachios
4 egg whites
3/5 cups of sugar
4/5 cups of powdered sugar
2 drops of white wine vinegar
2-4 drops of red food colouring
Passion fruit sauce
5 tbsp of lemon or lime curd
Flesh of 6 passion fruits
1 box of strawberries (or any other berries that are in season)
1/5 cup of unsalted pistachios, chopped
1 3/5 cups of whipped cream
For the meringue:
1. Whisk the sugar and egg white until they form soft peaks. Fold in the powdered sugar and the white wine vinegar.
2. Pipe the meringue into small round shapes onto the baking sheet.
3. Bake in the oven for 3 1/2 to 4 hours at 80C / 180F.
For the passion fruit sauce:
1. In a bowl, mix the lime curd and flesh of the passion fruit together.
1. Place the meringues on a plate, with a large spoon of whipped cream.
2. Garnish with a drizzle of passion fruit sauce and top with strawberries and chopped pistachios.
You can also check out my recipe for pavlova with fresh strawberries here.
*Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I didn't manage to finish my hotel review blog last night. Will try and post it up tonight. Sorry!