Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Carrot and Ladybird: Baby C's Homemade Birthday Cake

Just before the big day approached, we asked Baby C what type of cake she wanted for her birthday. Her response was "Carrot and Ladybird Cake". She always tells me that she loves the cakes that I make for her, so I scratched my head hard and visited the nearest baking supply shop to get some ideas. I found these cute ladybird cake toppers, and to complete the equation, I decided to bake a carrot cake. 

I've made this carrot cake several times, it is pretty easy to make. The recipe can be found here. In Step 2, instead of using a 20cm square cake tin, use a 18cm round sandwich tin. For the cream cheese frosting, you need about 100g cream cheese, 50g unsalted butter, 1/3 cup caster sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract (instructions to make here - Step 10 & 11). For the birthday girl's name, we cut the carrot into thin slices and cut out the letters using a cookie/alphabet cutter. 

Birthday cake for Baby C


Cute ladybird toppers



Complemented with some cupcakes from Delectable Su

A very happy, birthday girl


Say carrots!


Making a birthday wish... mmm next year I want a ********** birthday cake!

Not only a pretty sight... delicious too!


Full set of photos can be viewed here. 

*Cake toppers from this shop: Bis Ingredients, 30-A, Jalan Suarasa 8/4, Town Park 1, Bandar Tun Hussein Onn, 43200 Batu 9, Cheras, Selangor.

12 comments:

  1. ladybirds, so cute! they always make me think of the ladybird brand children's books that i used to see at bookshops :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. your children are so adorable! Happy belated birthday to Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive!! The cake, I mean.. hehe.. Happy birthday to cute Chloe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo cute!! Love it! Can u make a butter cake like that too? hehe I wanna buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GUMMY BEARS!

    Ah, my mom never baked me a birthday cake before but she always bake cakes at random... Wished she baked one for me though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to cute Chloe!such a cute cake, sawaNiLa.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sean: Hehe thanks. I have a huge collection of ladybird books at home which the kids enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. iamthewitch: Hehe thanks dear. I'm not really good in cake decorating so luckily I can cheat with ready-made cake toppers :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle: I'm sure if you ask her, she would oblige..

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...